Sometimes you might get the below error when you are trying to run a SSIS package which is trying to connect to a 32 bit system from a 64 bit system/driver.
|[DataReader Source ] Error: System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.Wrapper.IDTSConnectionManager90.AcquireConnection(Object pTransaction) at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.DataReaderSourceAdapter.AcquireConnections(Object transaction) at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.ManagedComponentHost.HostAcquireConnections(IDTSManagedComponentWrapper90 wrapper, Object transaction)|
To fix this error:
- Go to "Solution Explorer"
- Right-Click on the Project and choose "Properties"
- Expand "Configuration Properties" and choose "Debugging"
- Set the "Run64BitRuntime" option to "False"
- Click "ok" and save the project